Camp Young Judaea’s grounds are located in the beautiful Texan hill country, less than an hour outside Austin in a town called Wimberley. Our 180 acres are perfect for a pleasant summer getaway, with shady trees, gentle wildlife, and idyllic paths along Cyprus Creek.
When it comes to our facilities, we’ve spared no expense! Every residence, sports field, and activity center has been designed to advance our deepest values—building community, developing skills, and helping our campers grow in confidence and character!
Our Facilities – Outdoors
A full array of team-sports grounds, including:
- State-of-the-art Camper Sports Center featuring a covered basketball court and futsal field
- Soccer field
- 4 tennis courts
- Archery range
- 2 gaga courts
- Putting green
- Baseball/softball field
- 9 square court
A state-of the art swimming facility with two 3-story waterslides!
Our lake is a great place for swimming, stand-up paddleboarding, or canoeing. Of course our lake also features an awesome waterslide!
50-foot climbing wall, accessible to all ages; a full ropes course with both high and low courses, (plus our awesome zip-line!)
Across the Lake
Our largest untouched field, perfect for camping out and hiking
Special Activity Areas
Our whole camp is outfitted with special spaces and equipment, guaranteeing a boredom-free summer. Check out our:
- 2 Gaga courts
- Frisbee golf course throughout the grounds
- Giant chess set
- A full-size playground, including 2 rope zip-lines
- Campfire circle for special campfire nights
- 2 beautiful gazebos—perfect hang-outs for downtime with friends
Our Facilities – Indoors
22 spacious, air-conditioned cabins. Each has their own bathrooms, comfortable beds, and private dressers for personal belongings.
When you’re a camp full of dancing and singing, parties and performances, arts and crafts, jam band, model-making, Newstube… you need high-quality activity centers. We’ve got a bunch:
- Beit Ha’Am – Our largest center, equipped with full-size stage, built-in AV equipment, and a fully-stocked arts and crafts studio
- Outdoor Amphitheater – Right by the lake, this airy space is perfect for learning sessions and performances
- The Zoid – home to many of our dance activities, performances, and educational programs
Staffed by certified professionals 24-hours a day, this center is fully-equipped with modern diagnostic tools and bedrooms for anyone feeling under the weather
More than our office space and additional activity area, the Shalom Center is also the base for our Camper Care staff, including our Camp Mom and Inclusion Specialist
Our dining hall has two kosher kitchens and enough space for the entire camp. Attached is the Fisch House, home of our baking and cooking activities (yum!). Meals are nutritious, kid-friendly, and compatible with special diets.
Experiential Learning Center (ELC)
This special activity center was built using advanced environmental designs, featuring solar panels, water-harvesting capabilities, and a prairie roof! The center also includes our canteen, the only snack center in Texas to deal exclusively in shekels!