September 16 – 18, 2022
Join us this September for a glorious guys’ getaway—CYJ Man Camp! An incredible weekend designed for men only, Man Camp is an opportunity to kick back, have fun, and spend time with some quality guys.
The doors are open to any Jewish males 21 and older—Dads of campers, CYJ Alumni, CYJ supporters, friends, golf buddies, that guy you’re not so fond of who has a great TV for football… anyone! If they’re ready to experience an unforgettable Shabbat at CYJ, they should sign up!
Man Camp has an excellent lineup of programs. Previous years’ highlights include sports competitions, a massive water polo match, beer tasting, ropes course, dodgeball, a poker tournament, archery, and the Man Camp barbecue. Whether you’re looking for recreation or relaxation, we’ve got activities for everyone! (Check out a sample schedule! Man Camp Schedule)
Below are our FAQs. We can send you more information or you can contact us with any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
At CYJ Man Camp, we provide four types of accommodations.
- Our Retreat Village accommodation has 2 queen beds and a private bathroom
- Our lodge accommodation is furnished with 1 twin bed, 1 queen bed, and a sink with a private bathroom.
- The Health Center rooms each have 1 queen and 1 set of bunk beds with a private bathroom.
- We have 22 bunks available, each including 8 bunk beds and a bathroom with 3 sinks, 2 toilets, and 2 showers.
It’s just as the saying goes—“Dress for the Man Camp you want.” We’ll have sports, Shabbat dinner, time at the pool and the ropes course, a barbecue, some scotch tasting… whatever that itinerary means for your wardrobe, bring it along! We will provide bath towels and bedding.
You’re also welcome to bring sports equipment, musical instruments, or anything else you think would enhance the weekend. For those interested in davening, please bring your kippah, tallit, and tefillin as needed.
Libations: We’re asking everyone to bring a bottle (or two) of their favorite spirit to contribute to the open bar, (of course, if you don’t drink, don’t worry about it). We’ll supply ice, cups, snacks, beer, kosher wine for Kiddush, and some mixers. The bar will be open all weekend! (Please be sure your spirits are kosher before bringing them to camp
Man Camp will follow the “Spirit of Shabbat”: relaxation, presence in the moment, and connecting to our fellow Jews will be central. We have Kabbalat Shabbat and Havdallah services planned, and we hope to have a Shabbat morning minyan if 10 mensches will attend. Festive Shabbat Meals will be served on Friday and Saturday.
There will be no work on Shabbat at Man Camp!!! Hopefully, you can refrain from laptops and cell phones as well. CYJ is a kosher facility and we will honor the kosher laws throughout the weekend. That means, other than their kosher spirits, Man Campers shouldn’t bring any food from outside of camp. (Don’t let that worry you—our kitchen staff are experts!)
- Cancellations made more than a month before the retreat date will be fully refunded, minus the non-refundable $50 registration fee per participant
- Cancellations made less than a month before the retreat will receive a 50% refund
- Cancellations the week prior to the event and no-shows are responsible for 100% of the retreat fees. COVID related cancellations will receive a 50% refund
The cost is $200 per man, which includes the food, drinks, accommodations, and weekend entertainment. We also hope the gentlemen of Man Camp will share a meaningful contribution, with a suggested minimum donation of $118 that can be made during the retreat weekend.
I accept your offer for this manly getaway. Sign me up!
This window is secured by 256 bit encryption on a PCI compliant network. Click here to view this window in its own page.